Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ice skating and Gymnastics

Ice day today! I am off work! Caroline was thrilled when she woke this morning and I came in the room and announced girls day! We have played today, completed a few activities, and had lunch with Jared and Jensen.

Matt came home with flowers for me and Caroline this week. It is so nice to have a surprise on occasion from my wonderful husband. Aren't they beautiful?


We had a family outing this weekend. Matt and I decided to surprise Caroline and take her ice skating. We went to Big Orange first to fill our bellies with delicious burgers. If you would like to try a new restaurant, Big Orange is a great place. They have two locations (Midtown and Promenade). I am not a burger fan, but I have enjoyed their burgers both visits.

Now, do you see this sweet girl in the photo below? We tried and tried to get her to try the cookies and cream shake. She refused. She finally tried...and then she enjoyed it so much she would not share!


We arrived at the ice skating rink and soon discovered that Caroline lacked in the skating category. I poke along really slow...Matt is a figure skater...and Caroline is just plum b.a.d. Bless her heart! She did not give up though. After making it one round of ice skating we traded our skates in for roller skates. She was much better at roller skating. The roller rink was very crowded and I think we all took a deep sigh of relief when we decided to head home. It was a fun family outing but we will wait a couple years before embarking on that adventure again.





On a different note, Caroline is enjoying gymnastics, learning new techniques, and excelling. Each week she amazes me at what she has accomplished. She is enjoying her time as a little gymnast.



1 comment:

  1. Great family time!! I've never heard of Big Orange so I'll have to put it on our to do list.

    ReplyDelete