Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our Week

The main events for our family began Wednesday night as Matt went to go check on Caroline before we went to bed. He came back in the living room to tell me that a horrible odor was coming from her room. We went back into the room quietly to investigate. We opened our cell phones to shine a little bit more light on the scene and there it was...hard to miss....she had gotten sick everywhere! It was on the crib, mattress, and all over Caroline. We woke her up and she was all smiles, so we decided to give her a bath at 9:00 at night! Matt changed the bedding and cleaned the crib while I gave Caroline a bath. She went right back to sleep and slept throughout the entire night as if everything was just fine. We awoke the next morning and decided that she must have had something to eat the day before that did not agree with her stomach.

She had a happy and cheerful day Thursday with Daddy. Friday morning we had an appointment with Dr. Sax for our 15 month check-up. We had breakfast together and then loaded up in the car. We were almost there and Matt looked back in his rear view mirror to see Caroline getting sick profusely again! (Side note: this is the second time Caroline has gotten sick on our way to the doctor's office for a basic check-up.) After taking the exit and parking we knew this time how to handle the situation. I grabbed Caroline and changed her clothing while Matt handled the not so hot situation of cleaning the car seat out. For those of you who have never cleaned up after a sick toddler, you are in for a treat. After a new change of clothes we happily walked into the doctor's office for our check-up. Matt and I thought that she had gotten car sick because she had gotten sick at the same exact exit last time on our way to the doctor.

Caroline was wonderful at the doctor's office. Her height was in the 70th percentile, weight in the 45th percentile and circumference in the 40th percentile. She is staying right on track. She could do all the things that the doctor said she should be able to do and she was an angel the entire time at the appointment. We left for home after the appointment and then had to wake her to change her clothes again once we got home because she had been sitting in a dirty car seat. The rest of the day was great. Matt left for Drill at noon and Caroline and I went to Mimi's house to hang out. We decided that night to have dinner at Mamaw Moren's house as a family. So everyone loaded up on a moment's notice and headed over.

While having dinner, I received a call from Matt that he had to leave Drill because he was very sick. MiMi and Papaw kept Caroline and I headed home to prepare for the arrival of Matt. When I got home I started feeling sick myself. I kept thinking that it was all in my head since I knew that Matt and Caroline were sick. I kept cleaning the house and staying busy to keep my mind off of things. Matt got home a little after 7 and we headed to bed. We had no idea that the night ahead of us would be so bad....

Every hour Matt and I were taking turns....we were so sick. We may have been up every hour, and I know we did not get any sleep because we were both breathing deep trying to get sick again. We awoke Saturday and Matt was a trooper and headed back to Drill. I on the other hand was so dehydrated that I could not move, eat, or drink. I did have the flu shot this year, but I really felt as if I had the flu. I had planned on cleaning the entire house while Caroline was with MiMi, but that did not happen. I did not have enough strength to get off the couch. I felt like I was on bed-rest again. I was so lonely, miserable, and sick. I am the kind of person that cannot stand to be home all day. Matt made it home last night feeling great and we shared a sonic blast (the only thing that sounded good) and I had the big two bites. We both slept all night last night and feel like new people today.

Matt left for Drill again this morning and I have been cleaning Caroline's room. I have sprayed every corner with Lysol and cleaned every cranny. She has a germ free room! I am making my way down the hall from room to room.

One thing I did get to do Friday as I was on the couch all day is see the weather about twenty times. I can answer any question about the weather this upcoming week. As we all know, snow is in the forecast, and the Ritchie Crew is feeling much better. So that means time to build a snowman! We have a snow suit that I wore as a little girl ready to be put to use by Caroline. I am anxious and wanting a snow day! Here are our books for this week:

I am excited for lunch today! Caroline has been with MiMi for two whole days, since Matt and I were both sick. We miss her so much. She did call me last night and she said hi and told me all about her bath. I am on my way over to see her! Hope you all have a great snow week!

No comments:

Post a Comment