Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Sunday, January 24, 2010

"The Shack"

I am addicted to two things at the current time: blogging and reading. I read serveral blogs that have weekly book reviews, but I am not able to keep up with the weekly reviews because I am only able to read one or two chapters a night. When you have a four month old little girl, she needs most of your attention! I have decided that I will do a monthly book review for all of those slow readers, and post my view and rating of the book.

Two ladies that I work with having been after me about reading "The Shack." So after listening to their enjoyment about the book, I began to read. I was hooked from the moment I finished the first chapter. "The Shack" is a fictional book written by William Young about a man named Mack. Mack's daugher, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence is found that she may have been murdered in a shack in the wilderness. Years later, Mack gets a note in the mail inviting him to the shack...what he finds there will change his world forever.

I spoke with my pastor about this book this morning, and he reminded me that the most important thing to remember about this book is that it is fictional. I give this book the rate of an A+.

My next book I will be reading will be "Wicked." I will let you know next month about my opinion and rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment