Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Friday, October 15, 2010

Destin Here We Come...

Caroline and I left last Friday morning to meet Matt in Birmingham. I decided to take this picture of the 'Welcome to Alabama' sign because hopefully this will be the last time that I pass this sign for a good while. Caroline and I have made the trip to meet Matt at least twice a month in Birmingham. I have to say that I have enjoyed meeting and exploring new restaurants and locations during the past year, but I will not miss Highway 78!



We arrived at our hotel in Birmingham and Caroline found that she was tall enough this time to reach the Kleenex opening. Boy oh Boy! We went out to eat Friday night and got up early Saturday morning and headed for Matt's apartment.
Sunday morning we decided to surprise Caroline and take her to Destin. As we we started getting close, I felt like a kid who was arriving at Disney World! I had butterflies in my belly I was so excited! I looked back, and Caroline was grinning and looking out the window also!
We found the best parking spot, and loaded up and headed out to the sand. Caroline did not know what to think of the sand at first, because it was so hard for her to walk. She did not want to be carried, so it took us fifteen minutes to walk to a waterfront spot.

Daddy and Caroline

Taking off the Shoes

Here I Come!





Caroline wanted to go swimming and splashing in the deep water...oh she is a dare devil!

Family Pic


Playing in the Sand

I will be posting more pictures of Matt's graduation soon! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Im excited for you that your traveling days will soon be over!!! :)

    ReplyDelete