Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Branson 2012

Chinese Buffet on Thanksgiving
 Caroline and I spent Thanksgiving in Branson this year.  Matt and I laughed because this is the second Thanksgiving that we have not been home and we have went out to eat on Thanksgiving Day.  Last year we were on our way back from Mexico and we stopped at Shoney's(the only place open).  This year Caroline and I had our Thanksgiving meal at a Chinese Buffet.  We LOVED it.  The store sign explains why we stopped.  Turkey crab leg? Hum. Let's check it out.  Matt...I know you are laughing as you read this sign. 

The great thing about Branson on Thanksgiving is the town is alive.  Things do not stop, stores do not close, and everyone is excited for Christmas.  Thanksgiving morning we left the condo to find Santa's sleigh and reindeer..but then...we spotted Santa!  Caroline is a HUGE Santa fan this year.  Yesterday she wrote her letter to Santa.  When my mother told me about the letter, I wanted to cry and laugh all at the same time.  She is such a loving and caring little girl.  I will save the Santa letter for another post.
Mommy and Caroline, Thanksgiving 2012

Caroline and Santa
 Caroline kept telling Santa she was ready for Christmas.  She is not even interested in the gifts and presents, but she realizes that something magical happens during the Christmas season.  I wish I could bottle up that magic for her.  I have wondered and thought greatly lately...how do I keep the magic alive for her, but balance Santa and Christ?  Even though we talk about nativities, baby Jesus, three wise men, giving to others, etc., somehow I feel like Santa still rises to the top.  Any suggestions?  I read an article this weekend about even though we give during the Christmas season, sometimes we give unneeded items instead of love and our presence.  How true!  I thought about that this previous week as I went to go look our our angel tree at church.  I thought I can pick up a toy for a child, but how amazing would it be if I could give one of these children my love and care.  Just something to ponder...

 
Caroline at The Landing

Caroline at The Landing
Hope you all have a great week!  I am waiting on sleepy head to wake and then we are headed to Story Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment