Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Toxic Thoughts

First let me share this picture...I adore it....and I adore my little girl!  I really needed this smile tonight.

On another note...if you check out facebook, blogs, twitter, etc. you will see our sermon series EVERYWHERE! 21 Day Detox. God spoke to many people this Sunday.   We all have toxic thoughts.  We all have toxic thoughts about different situations.  I had a HUGE toxic thought last week that was placed in my head.  Today I had that same toxic thought reappear between my ears.   Sometimes our ears are our enemy...between our own two ears are toxic thoughts. 

We have four main types of toxic thoughts; fearful, discontented, critical, and tempting.  Fear is my toxic thought. 

There are 2 steps to the first week of detox.  The first step this week is to identify your toxic thought.  That is the easy step.  The second step is overcome your toxic thought.  The second step does take effort and it is not completed alone.  You have to rely on scripture.  You have to review scripture to see what is true.  We have to continue to review scriptures on a continual basis to know what is true and detox our toxic thoughts. 

Detox topic next week...our words.  Join us next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment