Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

strep.

I NEVER get sick...until now.  I started feeling as if I was getting a sore throat.  Oh no, a cold was  brewing....until it got worse last night.  Much worse.  I tossed and I turned last night, shivered, woke my sweet husband up all night, and pondered with misery.

After getting up this morning I knew I was not going anywhere.  I could not swallow, I could not talk, and I had a fever.  Strep.

I called my doctors office and got in this morning first thing.  The culture came back positive for strep.  My patients at the office had to be rescheduled (first time for that).  My poor husband has been so sweet and caring to help me with every little need today.  He made me lunch.  Most say you should loose weight with strep...Not this girl.  I have been craving carbs all day.

So what to do when you cannot swallow without wanting to cry.  I know...work on ce hours, read a couple of blogs, and create a blog post myself.  I took an online ce course on saliva today.  My brain is packed with saliva information and I have now turned to reading daily blogs that I enjoy.  I have watched useless tv and feel as if I am on bed-rest all over again.  I hope that Caroline does not get this nasty bug.

On a happy note... 1) Caroline finishes another session of swim tonight.  2) Holly, my college roommate and friend, had her second baby.  Sweet Elliot is so adorable. I had plans to go to Jonesboro this weekend to see the new addition, but I am not risking the chance of getting a newborn sick.

This strep is going to make for a lllllooonnnggg week.  I feel like it already the weekend.  I do not like sitting around the house!  Hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment