Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Megan

I thought about grouping this into a post of all of our events from today, but then I thought this deserved its own post. Megan, my sister-in-law, graduated from nursing school last night.  I was so proud and happy for her to be able to complete this journey.  But...why am I really proud of her?

I am proud of her because she has entered my family as one of our own.  I am completely guessing...because...I have a lack of dates, but I would say she and Jared have been married for about three years.  In my younger family years I never thought about what my sister-in-law would be like.  It never crossed my mind of the kind of woman my brother would marry.  Then one day, my little brother informed me he would be getting married.  Now...I am a very protective sister and my he would always be my little brother.  I was close to my brother growing up and so for my little brother to tell me he was getting married was like a child was leaving a mother's nest. 

The wedding came and went.  Everyone's life was busy that year and the next.  But this year I have thought many times of how Megan's love for our family is our own.  I love her and would do anything for her.  We treat each other like sisters and she treats my mother and father like her own parents.  We are open, honest, loving, and caring.  I am so glad my little brother found her!  Congrats Megan!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment