Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 2014

 Looks like a monthly post is going to be how we work things around here for the next bit.  Below are a few highlights of our month of April.  The sunshine is out and we have been soaking it up!

1) Caroline looks cute...thanks Nenaw for the outfit.

2) Matt's Change of Command Ceremony- Matt has led his group of soldiers this past year.  He has done a wonderful job during deployment and during his time at Camp Robinson with group.  I have prayed many prayers over the past year during his deployment that he would make Godly decisions.  He gave up his commands this April due to current daily job changes.  It would a good learning experience, and I excited to see what the world has in store for 238th.  A sweet mother made the cookies for the ceremony.  Aren't they precious!

 3) We completed another month of swim- We have a water bug on our hands.  She loves the water.  She is in level three now.  There is a huge difference between level 2 and level 3, so she did have a huge learning curve, but she took the challenge with a smile.  She is the youngest in her level and I was so proud of the older kids for helping her and making her feel special.  I have to add a funny story so for memory sake.  The suit she is wearing below did not make through that night.  During the process that night somehow the elastic broke and the suit dropped and expanded four sizes way to big.  She got out of the pool with a sack on....nothing you can do but laugh!
 4) Mandisa Concert-  We worshiped and praised our Lord with Mandisa and Brandon Heath.  How many Mandisa concerts do you think this girl will go to in her lifetime?  This was our second concert with Mandisa and our favorite.  I love gettting to worship with my daughter, it is a treasure that I do not take lightly.
 5) Wiener Roast- one of my favorite memories with the Moren side of the family.  
 6) Swim Time- who says it is to cold to jump into the pool?  Not Caroline.  She is ready for summer to be in full force.
 7) Cooked with my first plantain chip- A healthy alternative to regular chips.  If you are looking to cut carbs, gluten, etc. you should try this fruit chip.  It taste like a regular dorito chip, but beware that you can only purchase them at certain health food stores...and if you are like me (cheap) your chin may hit the floor when you find out the price.
 8) We went to Little Rock Childen's Week with the HIPPY kids and met Nenaw and P for the morning stroll at the mall.
 9) I love this recent facebook post from Lysa.  If we could just apply this to our lives daily what a difference it would make.
 10) Lunch with Mom and Caroline-  We got to meet my mom for lunch and do a little shopping with my mom this past week.  It brings back memories and makes me so happy inside to have shopping days with my mom.

11) Know is here-  For this baby we have prayed!  Jennifer and Justin have a baby!  I have prayed and prayed for this child.  I tell you...when you get to hold a blessing that you have prayed for...nothing can beat that feeling.  I was joyous to meet Knox.  He was precious!


Happy April from the Ritchie crew...bring on May!

No comments:

Post a Comment