Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Outdoor Sunday

Papaw Troy headed over today to help us with our new landscaping. The past year we have been working on the inside of our home. I did not ever think we would get shutters! I also wanted Caroline to have a personalized room just for her. My saying for the past year was...Shutters then Gutters. Next week we will have acheived our two big goals of 2009! This year also includes two large goals: landscaping and a shop. This weekend Nana and I visited several nurseries and ended up with the perfect landscaping. You want to talk about a total outdoor transformation. I took a few pictures of the newest items.

I am not certain about what I think about death. Some Christians believe that after death, you are with God in Heaven and others believe that Jesus will come back and then one will rise and go to Heaven. I am sure there are lots of theories and beliefs, but today I felt like my Papaw Norris was with me. Nana purchased some of the landscaping for us, and told me that Papaw Norris was always looking forward to the day that he could help me with my landscaping. My grandfather's health went downhill last year, and he passed away when I was on bedrest. Not only was I on bedrest, but I was unable to contact Matt during three weeks of his training to share the sadness with him. I am very close to all of my grandparents, and Norris only deceased grandparent. It was one of those periods in my life when I had to depend on the Lord. I feel as if the landscaping has been a gift of happiness from Papaw. I cannot wait to share all of my memories of him with Caroline.


Blood Red Lace Leaf Japanese Maple
(It turns a deep red in the sun)


Black Monkey Grass


Sun Coleus
...another Red Blood Lace Leaf Japanese Maple
(You can see it already turning a deep red)
We took a short break...Papaw Troy and Caroline
We have had our Spiral Junipers, but I wanted to take a pictures after prunning.
New ipopea and who knows what....bad about some of the names!
Then we started to detail the car! No more eating in the car! I scrubbed that beauty from top to bottom, and inside and out.
Caroline is obsessed with Snow White, but....

Snow White is not to fond of Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment