Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Friday, February 17, 2012

Pennies

We had had a fun day packed full of learning. We started off with a few of our Oberlander activities and then Caroline decided to break out her pennies Papaw Waylon had given her and put them in the piggy bank. She then proceeded to put penny by penny in the shopping cart. She said, Momma, I take my pennies to Wal-Mart to get apple juice. She cracks me up! All was well, until...

....we decided to go outside to pretend to go to Wal-Mart. Her shopping cart overturned when we hit and bump and her porcelain piggy bank broke into several pieces. She went crazy! Started crying so hard, she made herself sick. MiMi came to the rescue with my old piggy bank from when I was a little girl. At first Caroline did not want a thing to do with the other piggy bank, but I think she has started to warm up to the bank. As I put her in bed for her afternoon nap she proceeded to ask me, Momma do you think my new bank is pretty? Of course, I responded. She then said, I guess I might keep it. She took one last look at the new bank and then her eyes shut. I guess it has the stamp of approval.

Getting ready to go to Wal-Mart

Caroline's Bank

Last picture of Caroline and her baby bank:(

No comments:

Post a Comment