Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Monday, September 3, 2012

Grocery Shopping/Weather Update

 I wanted to let you all know of two of my new favorite findings as a mom....

#1)  For the last few months Caroline and I would go grocery shopping and we would have a battle trying to get a few things and then get out of the store quickly.  Caroline was always wanting to help me by pushing the grocery cart, which caused a few bumps and more time building up.  So, my mom suggested I pull out the same idea that she used to use; the good old plastic cart at the grocery store.  I have been letting Caroline take her cart to the store the past few months and it is smooth sailing and fast.  Caroline gets to pick out one item from the store that she would like to purchase (with her own money) and the other items she asks for permission to place in her cart.  Give it a try with your little one; it is a good learning experience that helps with counting money and decision making.
 #2) Check out livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com for free learning items for your child. Caroline and I love to work on activities together and today I printed off 40 sheets of weather related activities.  The weather sheets are great for toddler, pre-k and kindergarten ages.  Check out Beth's site about being intentional with your time with your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment