Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Our Labor Day in Pictures

We have had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend at our home.  We have been busy bees, but that is the way we enjoy it.  Here are the highlights of our weekend in pictures:

1. Caroline and I have officially cleaned every drawer and closet in our home and are ready for our company that will be visiting this next month.  September is going to be a fun month for the Ritchie crew and our house is ready for the company and fun!


2. Braden and Collin brought U.S. Pizza for dinner and we played in the sprinkles...not like our grass needed any watering after the 5 inches of rain...
 3. Girls Night at Pei Wei.  I had a great night shopping and munching.  Peggy Byrd found the cutest dress for me for $8 dollars!  I never get good deals, but I got a bargain with my dresses and received lots of compliments at church today.  Thanks Peggy!
 4.  We got to feel Jack Mason.  He is getting ready to come meet us very soon.

5. Our electricity went out so we got to play dominoes by candle-light with my grandparents.  My memories of playing cards and dominoes are some of the greatest moments that I will cherish with my grandparents.  It gets a little competitive at the Moren residence during dominoes.
 6. I went running twice this weekend with my friend Peggy.  The picture of Homer is what I felt like during the running process, but afterward I felt a great accomplishment and I was so proud of us.  I am already a little sore from yesterday, but that means that those muscles are working.  Matt has been running in Kosovo, so I better be ready to keep up with him when he arrives back home.  And...might I add that I am pushing a stroller and a 30 pound toddler while running:) 

 7.  We went for one of our last swims for the summer.  It has broke Caroline's heart that we have not been able to swim as much this week, but the water is just getting cold.  Caroline can jump in and be ready to go, but for this Momma it is just flat-out cold.
8.  Church.  I could go on and on about how amazing our church, church leaders, church teachers, and friends are to us.  I wish I could see my church friends every day.  Caroline was promoted to a new classroom this new school year.  At first she was a little taken back by having to leave Mrs. Jeanna, but now she talks about Mrs. Shea nonstop when I tell her we are going to church.  Today she made Baby Moses and she can tell you anything and everything about Moses.   This afternoon she told me to take a picture of her and Moses to send to Daddy.  So...Daddy here is her request of her and baby Moses.


9.  And for a moment that will always be a reminder of the journey that we are going through in our family.  Some of you may say how sweet or how sad, but it just registers to me as a reminder and memory of this time period for us.  Caroline had my phone this morning while I was finishing getting ready for church and she stated that she wanted to skype with Daddy.  I turned around to help her and found her pressing the skype app, clicking contacts, finding Matt's name, hitting the call button, and turning the volume up.  She did not need my guidance at all. You think we have went though the process enough? 

When we began this deployment journey Matt and I did not know how our child would react.  She has went beyond her measures and is a comforter in times of need, understands Kosovo and can tell you anything about where and what her Daddy is doing, and now understands the concept of time.  She misses her Daddy, but amazes me at how strong and positive she is when grasping and learning the knowledge.  She is our little trooper!


3 comments: