Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring...


...the old man is snoring. 
Break out the long sleeves; it is fall!  I always love a change in seasons and a refreshment of new clothes coming from the closet.  This year Caroline is able to keep a few of her tops from last year with leggings. 

We had a full weekend once again and it does not look like it is going to slow down any in the near future.   One of the things on my list while Matt is gone is to take a few photography classes. I knocked out my first class this weekend.  Now to decide on which step to take next; DSLR 1, 2, 3, 4 or an editing class...any suggestions?  Anyone taken any of these classes recently and suggest a certain order?

I also would like to write about a memory this weekend that I hope I can hold and cherish in my memory bank.  We attended several birthday parties this weekend, and one of the parties was held at Funland.  This was our first party to attend at Funland, and I must say they are very organized and have a great team of volunteer workers.  The only downfall about the amusement rides was that Caroline was one-two inches short of riding a few of the rides.  On the other hand, she wanted to ride all the rides and I had to take a deep breath and let go as a mother and let her ride the "big girl" rides.  You should have felt my heart racing as she was on a few of the rides.  While my heart was pounding, she was laughing and having the time of her life!  She laughed so hard!  But...now for my memory....Caroline wanted to ride the tilt-a-whirl and she was not tall enough so I buckled in with her.  The whole time I kept thinking, she is going to get sick.  Could my kid be the kid that gets sick at a birthday party? This tilt-a-whirl was out of control.  Even all the parents were talking about this tilt-a-whirl was going fast.  I pulled the bar down tight, told Caroline to hold on tight and do not let go, and then the ride started.  After the first whirl she barrel laughed and could not stop laughing.  She kept looking up at me and she was laughing so hard I did not know if she was going to be able to catch her breath.  To hear your child laugh this hard when they are younger is one thing, but to hear your toddler barrel laugh for five straight minutes is another.  I am marking the tilt-a-whirl down on our list of things to do when daddy gets home.  She had a blast!  My little girl is growing up riding all of these rides!
Caroline and Snow White playing in the rain. 

Hope you all have a great week.  We miss and love you Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment