Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Such a BIG girl!

We have had a wonderful weekend! I took Caroline outside just for fun and to play. I would have taken pictures, but it was just us two. She had this look about her like she was experiencing a whole new world, and indeed she was...She was born in late September, so the weather had already turned cold. The only time she went outside was to load up in the car for a split second. She was in such amazement as she experienced walking to the mailbox. We even had three people honk! When you live in Sardis/East End everyone honks as they go by, and to live in a small town where people know each other brings a smile to my face. When Matt and I first moved out here I loved being back home and close to most of our friends and relatives, but now with Caroline I see it was all part of God's plan. She is such a lucky and fortunate girl to receive so much love.


Uncle Jared turned the big 2-O this weekend so we got together for a Mexican Fiesta. It shocks me to know that my brother is 20 years old!

Jared and Caroline
Megan and Jared

Jared opening his card from Caroline



Great Grandma Etta and Great Papaw Don




MiMi and Papaw with Caroline before church



This past week we have had a few "growing up milestones" that make me think about how fast times goes by. Little Miss does not want to be rocked to sleep anymore, and instead she wants to be placed in her crib with her sassy. It seems like just yesterday we rocking her to sleep. To make matters better this weekend, she went to the nursery at church for the first time during the service. She loves her voice and not moments go by without her making sure she still has it. For those moms that take your child to the daycare you may laugh at me for these next few statements, but it was so hard to leave her in the nursery this morning. We have only left Caroline with family members so far, and to walk away was hard. I did get a clump in my throat as I held back the tears, and I thought to myself...only an hour. What am I going to be like when I have to take her to school for the first time? Below is a picture of Caroline when I went to pick her up after church. She had so much fun with Mrs. Shea!









No comments:

Post a Comment