Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wicked- February Book Review


I have heard that "Wicked" is currently one of the best Broadway musicals. After hearing my friend, Holly, rave about the book I decided that I would read it as my book of the month. When I went to the library, they had an audio copy. I have listened to books on CDs in the vehicle and have enjoyed them thoroughly. This copy was on an ipod system, so I decided that I would give it a shot. I hope that listening to the book did not persuade my opinion, but I only made it to chapter seven. That is right, only chapter seven. The book is about The Wicked Witch of the "Wizard of Oz." The author writes about the Wicked Witch's life as a baby, childhood, and college. I called Holly to get her opinion about the book, before I completely gave up, and she said she would let me know the end. I have to give my February book review a bad review. Review Grade= D
For my March Book Review, I will be reading the book Unafraid. Francine Rivers has written five books about the five women who changed eternity. Those five women include Mary, Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba. Unafraid is a book recommended to me by a few ladies at work. The book is introduced as Mary responding in simple obedience. Francine writes, "This humble girl would bear the long-awaited Messiah. She couldn't know that raising the perfect son would break her heart and change the world forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment