Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Sunday, August 22, 2010

MIA

We have been MIA for the last week. Our family has had the best relaxing week as we geared up for the school year. Caroline had an amazing first day at SCDC. To say that she loved it would be an understatement. Below is a picture of her first Daily Record, and she made her Momma proud by coming home with an AMAZING report.

I went to Birmingham this weekend to meet Matt, while MiMi and Papaw took care of little Miss. I returned home to find our little girl already driving! She was crazy behind the wheel! She kept jumping and sticking her tongue in and out... Thanks MiMi for watching Caroline!



Matt and I celebrated our anniversary in Birmingham this year and enjoyed the food, celebration, and time together. We went out Friday night to J. Alexander's for dinner. The food was delicious! It was our first time to go to Alexander's and we will be going back to make another visit soon. Saturday we went shopping at the Galleria and you want to talk about a crowd. I bet everyone in Birmingham was shopping at the Galleria! We enjoyed our day and then headed to Outback for a early dinner.

I also finished To Kill A Mockingbird this weekend. Finally! I only get to read a few chapters each night and then my eyes start to slowly close. I plan to make a trip to Monroeville to see the town of Nelle Harper Lee. Last month the town held a anniversary celebration. Nelle is now 84, and is determined as ever to let the book speak for itself. She does not give many autographs for the Pulitzer Prize. Her book was voted best novel of the twentieth century, sells one million copies a year, and published in over forty languages. Speaks for itself.
Friday, Tanya and I went to a CE course in Birmingham. I will spare you with all of the dental information that I reviewed, but will add that it was an amazing course. I am a pro at dental concerns involving bisphosphenates. The picture below is not our best, but taken quickly in the elevator...

My nice relaxing chair for the weekend


Picture of Mommy and Caroline when waking Thursday...her first school day!

Wednesday morning...Caroline receiving her postcard from Ms. Wendy and Ms. Velma. She smiled for the longest time and enjoyed reading the card...until....it slid under the refrigerator! Uh oH!

This week we took went to go see little Fiona. I forgot so quickly how little a baby can be when first entering this world. She was precious. We also got to visit with Evie, and she was too funny by offering her sassy to Caroline!




We were all sitting around the house one night and decided to take a few pics!
The Girls

The Men+ 1

No comments:

Post a Comment