Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Friday, September 17, 2010

Our Weekend

We met Uncle Jared and Aunt Megan at the famous Chili's last weekend for dinner. Yum! Yum! We got to see the new apartment, and Caroline explored throughout the rooms. Thanks for meeting us! September 16th was the one year anniversary of my grandfather's death. He is my first grandfather to pass away and a very special man. My name (Sirron) is my grandfather's name (Norris) spelled backwards. He would let everyone that he met in on that little fact. He also would tell me the story over and over about when I walked 23 steps straight across the living room one day. He said after that, I was a walking machine. Yesterday, out of all days, Caroline became a walking machine. She is walking everywhere! I don't even count her steps anymore! It is a special day for two reasons now! That also means that I am going to have to go buy more shoes immediately!

We drove out to the cemetary late Thursday, and Caroline helped Nana and Christy place flowers at his graveside. I was on bedrest last year and did not go to this portion of the ceremony. I had an appointment with Dr. Taylor the next day, and he told me that he did not advise it due to my blood pressure. If my blood pressure went back over one-sixty I was headed straight to the hospital to induce. That would not have been a problem, other than Matt was in SEARS school and had no idea any of this was taking place. So I chose to skip part of the ceremony due to emotions. I lived an entire year, periodically looking back and wondering if I would have been okay to go...should I gone...what if this...what if that... Yesterday a weight was lifted off my shoulders to know that Grandpa was with me that entire time and probably prayed for me to make it till Matt got home. It was a blessing to take Caroline out and share some of the memories with her. I sit here and laugh and cry while typing this. I will share my favorite memory about my grandfather with you. We would go to the Little Rock Zoo just about everytime you turned around, then eat at Taco Bell( which he did not like, but I never knew this until a year before he passed away) That is why he always ordered just an order of cinnamon sticks! Well on one particular day we decided to go see a movie instead of going to the zoo. We went to go see Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles. After the movie was over, I looked at Papaw to find him asleep! I did not wake him up... if fact he did not wake up until the next movie started! I will never forget sitting in the dark room with a snoring old man for who knows how long. Good Times....Good Times






1 comment: