Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Soul of the South is its People

The soul of the South is its people. We love to share food, stories, and advice whether you ask us or not! There is no mistaking us. We're the women who can walk into any room and immdiately find out everything about everybody in there, whether we know them or not. We are the men who forget a birthday yet memorize home game dates for our favorite college team. In our world, Coke is a food group and Mama rules the roost.
Southern Living
I have thoroughly enjoyed Southern Living this past year and I decided to quote the editor in her brilliant way of describing the South for the month of September. If you are looking for great landscaping or good home cooking be sure to check out this month's edition.
This post is a little long, so try to hang in here with me as I retale our weekend. We went to a new Sunday School class this weekend, and began Crazy Love written by Francis Chan. I am excited to complete the study, because I have had it on my list of books to read for quite some time now. Carlton said they are even selling this book at Kroger now, so be sure to pick up a copy the next time one is available. Here is what Francis has to write... Have you ever wondered if we're missing it? It is crazy, if you think about it. The God of the Universe-the Creator of nitrogen and pin neeles, galaxies and E-minor-loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacraficing love. And what is our response? We go to church , sing songs, and try not to cuss.
Whether your've verbalized it yet or not...we all know something is wrong.
Does something in your heart long to break free from the status-quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical soultions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts-it's falling in love with God.
Because when you're madly in love with someone, it changes everything.
I will let you know how the study goes, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the first few chapters. I am about to begin the chapter on lukewarm christians....oh my oh my! I am probably in for a swift kick in the tush and getting myself back in gear. Check out the book and see what you think!
Now, on with our weekend...Aunt Julie gave Caroline the Alphabet set. When I first purchased our refrigerator, I said that I would never have a cluttered frig. Once I had Caroline, and became the proud mother I decided that one day I would have alphabet letters, coloring pictures, art, report cards, etc. Well....I went to go put my first proud magnetic mother clutter on the refrigerator, and drop drop drop straight to the floor. Real Stainless Steal is not magnetic! What?!? Caroline looked at me with sad disappointment.

...so I managed to squeeze them on the side! Still a proud Momma!
Thanks for the letters Aunt Julie!
Caroline is a climbing machine these days! I had to let her climb the dishwasher at least once. Classic.

No more pictures Mommy!
We headed to the airport early Saturday morning to pick up Daddy! It was perfect timing! We arrived early, because Caroline enjoys watching planes arrive. When we got to the top of the stairs, there was Dad! Caroline really wanted to go for a ride on the luggage claim glider.

This weekend was a grand weekend for Matt, because it was the first Hogs football weekend. Oh my stars! MiMi got Caroline this sassy cheerleading outfit. Thanks MiMi! Go Hogs!



Brad and Nancy came over to the house Saturday to watch the game with us. We really missed Everett! As they were leaving, we were reminded that Brad is cool. Brad, I just want you to know that the letters are still in the same place. It will probably be Caroline's first sentence to read.
Today is P's birthday...Happy Birthday P! We headed down to Fordyce Sunday after church to spend time with the Ritchie family. After eating at the Mexican Restaurant, we headed back to Donnie and Debbie's house for cake. P is giving Caroline a little sample of cake...getting her ready for her birthday!




And to end the forever long blog post....The dorkiest picture of Caroline ever! Mamaw Moren's glasses from the 60s or 70s. The glasses are one of Caroline's favorite toys at Mamaw and Papaw's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment