Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Camp Robinson 'Back to School' Event

 I decided to help with the FRGs (Family Readiness Group) for the 77th this next year while Matt is deployed.  At first I was a little overwhelmed, but now I am so happy with my choice.  We held a Back to School Event for all the children of the 77th and had a great turnout for the first year!  The children had school supply boxes to decorate and free back to school haircuts.  Caroline did NOT want her hair cut today...only Mrs. Trish! (Trish is going to be so proud)  I was so appreciative of the stylists for giving their time unselfishly.  The kids loved every minute of the morning! 

But...today was one of those days.  One of those days when I missed Matt.  When Caroline arrived at the hanger she was so excited to see her Daddy.  She did not understand why other soldiers were there flying helicopters and her Daddy was not there.  It was one of those moments when I had to hold it together in front of everyone and in front of my daughter.  I just wanted to bust out in tears.  I can officially say I was ready to leave the dreaded lounge where we had to say good-bye to our Daddy.

Below is a picture of the two of us decorating Caroline's supply box (everything on her box and including her box was blue-her favorite color)


 Here is my buddy from this morning....Yes, I am officially a baby hog!
 Caroline's finished product...I tried to add some color.


No comments:

Post a Comment