Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trunk-or-Treat


How cute is this little girl?  Thanks Jill and Aaron for my outfit!

Caroline picked out her own Halloween costume this year; she chose to be a fish.  She had her heart set on being this fish once she had her eyes on it.  I kept trying to talk her out of it, but finally I decided that she is a BIG girl now and can make her own decisions.  Thanks to my Mamaw for working all day on Saturday to add layers of sequins.  My Mamaw is the kindest, hardest working person I know.  Thanks MaMaw for your help.
We started off early at Trunk-or-Treat.  I took lots of pictures, but below displays Caroline's highlights for the day.
Caroline amazed at all the people at Trunk-or-Treat

Caroline's first Halloween sucker; thanks Aunt Karen
Her favorite Trunk of the day...well, does a boat count as a trunk?

Momma's girl...got those hands on those hips:)

Jill painting a butterfly on her face.  She was so proud of her butterfly.  She was highly upset tonight when she glanced in the mirror to see her butterfly has disappeared. 

This family gets the best costume in my opinion.  Jelly Fish!

And the famous cake walk.  Thanks to Brooks and Peggy for letting Caroline stay in the game each time.  She just enjoyed walking around on the different numbers. She never knew you could win a cake.  Ha!

The best gal anyone could ask for....Peggy


Blake, Ashley, and Lexi

Baby Blake

Emmerson as a mermaid
This next picture is for Peggy and Matt.  I cooked!!!! My new goal is to cook a meal on Sunday and Thursday.  That is a huge goal to set, but I have made it through the first day.  I will conquer Thursday! I also decided that Caroline enjoys raw, cold squash.  She ate an entire squash while I was cooking the meal. 
After dinner Jensen joined us and we made the treats for Fall Ball at SCDC.  The girls had so much fun....and enjoyed a little chocolate.

Jensen and Caroline

Starting our treats

Letting the treats dry

Ready for Fall Ball Tomorrow! 



I have felt like the best mother lately.  Thursday I got to go with Caroline to Story Time at the library and tomorrow I get to go to her Fall Ball at school.  It is the little things that some may take for granted, but I have been so appreciative to get to spend my extra days with Caroline.  I hope she remembers all the fun and love we have had together.  I would not trade it for anything!

1 comment:

  1. I know you are a GREAT mom, but I, too, love those moments when I feel like I am doing it right! :)

    ReplyDelete