Ritchie Crew

Ritchie Crew

Monday, June 14, 2010

Norris (Sirron spelled backwards)

If you ever spoke to my Grandpa Norris, then he probably told you about his grandchild that was named after him...Sirron (Sirron is Norris spelled backwards). Each time he would introduce me to someone he would tell the story about how my name was created. He was a proud Grandpa. Well, now I am a very proud Grandchild. I was the first grandchild, and was spoiled rotten from the stories I hear. I would visit the zoo just about every week, and sometimes my Grandfather would drive me past the field pictured below.

Say hello to Lamar Porter Field....a baseball field located in downtown Little Rock. My grandfather grew up one block away from Porter and has many memories involving Porter Field. After years of memories he decided to write a book about Lamar Porter Field with proceeds going to the ballpark. My grandfather passed away this past year. It was an emotional time for me, due to being on bedrest and Matt being gone. They had a dedication for him at the field this past week and dedicated the 3rd base dugout to my grandfather. I was so proud for Caroline and Matt to be there with me throughout the dedication.

The Main Entrance to the Field
Nana, Dad, and Uncle Michael

Hannah and Caroline






Dad, Nana, and Uncle Michael




Dad and Uncle Michael revealing the dedication

MiMi and Caroline

Maddison and Caroline
Caroline and Papaw

Nana and Caroline

Papaw Guinn's Dedication Case

Dedication Case

Caroline if you read this one day, I hope you know how much your Grandpa Norris awaited your arrival. He spoke of you daily. You have his curly hair and love. He watches over you and loves you greatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment